Fire Safety Academy basic fire training course:
Overview - Fire Safety:
Every employer is legally required by The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 to provide information, instruction and training to employees about fire precautions in their workplace. Thie Fire Safety Academy course, training manual and online testing helps you to fulfil your obligation by providing your staff with the knowledge and understanding required to act safely in the event of a fire in the workplace, without the need to travel or take a full day away off site or away from the site, shop or office.
The benefits of using the Fire Safety Academy learning and online testing in the workplace include:
- Cost Reductions e.g. no down time, hotel or travel fees;
- Man hour reduction (training only takes as long as the learner needs);
- Certificate of evidence of course completion;
- Staff can start training almost immediately and they retain the study manual for reference throughout their working life;
- Helping businesses maintain a green status by reducing their carbon footprint.
What is covered: The study plan for this course addresses these needs with:
- Knowledge of the 'Fire Triangle;
- How to prevent fires from starting and spreading;
- The different types of fire;
- Which fire extinguisher can be used on the different types of fire;
- Knowledge of fire detection systems;
- Warning systems and how to react to them;
- Safe condition (Fire Exit) signs; and
- Key factors relating to evacuation in the event of fire.
On successful completion of this course and on-line test each student will be issued with a certificate.
The length of time taken depends entirely on how quickly the person studying can absorb the study material. They can proceed as quickly or slowly as they like, and there is no limit on how long they can take to do the course, we recomend at least 2 weeks.
This Fire Safety Academy course is targeted primarily at the petroleum forecourt retail business needing to train their staff in Fire Safety and Emergency evacuation Procedures in the workplace. However, the information is also applicable to anyone who wishes to learn how to prevent fire in the general workplace and how to deal with it effectively should it occur.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
How it Works:
Simply Email via the contact page or give us a call to discuss your needs and we will put together a training package tailored to your specific needs, or we may be able to enroll your staff on one of our standard packages.